In 1947 BSA introduced their new 500cc vertical twin, which they called the A7. It followed conventional lines but had the gearbox bolted at the back of the crankcase. Originally offered in rigid form, this feature was retained until 1957 to satisfy the sidecar owner, although plunger suspension was an early option. A delightful twin, the sound engineering, strong construction and pleasing lines of this machine have made it an all time favorite.
This well-kept model had its engine revised by the previous owner about 300km ago and has been further restored by us (including the odometer and some chrome parts).